Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2006

My $#!t still works!

It's been an entire week. I can't believe I haven't ridden for that long. I had to get out there! It's been a tough week, with a Thursday trip to the emergency room, the stress of work, etc. I needed to see if my body was back to normal yet.

I spent most of my day Friday tinkering with some new parts for my commuter/cyclocross machine. New Cane Creek Crosstop levers, SCX-5 cantilever brakes, and some trusty old Shimano 600 shifters completed the conversion from commuter to 'cross.

I'm amazed at how much I ride this bike. When I first built it up, I was using it to get back & forth to work. Then I added cyclocross tires to take it off road a bit, and to handle the tree branches and leaves and such that cover the bike paths during the fall and winter. I think with the added hand positions that the drop bar offers I'll be riding this thing even more. I think it's the perfect bike for putting on winter base miles.

Anyway, my legs and lungs and heart still work fine. I felt awesome! Maybe it's because I've been drinking gallons of water and Hammer Nutrition's HEED to stay ultra-hydrated, and have gotten tons of rest.

1 comment:

Yenski Glower said...

Yesterday, I saw some tracks out near Wasena park and some alleyways in Grandin Court - was that you? Glad to see you're back in the saddle rather than paddles on your chest - CLEAR!