Pages

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Funk

Poor Farm Cup is coming up this Sunday. I'm so ready to race. Winter training, weights, long rides, long rides, long rides, long rides, then more long rides.

Then I wake up in the middle of the night Monday feeling the funk flowing through my innards. Time to bust out the drugs and kick it before it kicks me. Two days and nights of Nyquil and Dayquil...I feel quite a bit better, but not quite 100%.


I rode for an hour today to make sure my bike and I were on the same page, and everything felt good. Legs feel fresh. Tires, brakes, overall set-up is ready to roll.

One more night of drug induced semi-coma and I should be able to kick the funk.

Tomorrow night is the weekly Explore Park ride which I won't ride very hard, but enough to wake my legs up. Lots of sleep Friday and Saturday nights, then off to the race Sunday.

Funk or no funk, I will race on. I would much prefer racing without the funk.

1 comment:

Todd Racer said...

Thats the true race junkie attitude. Oi! XXX See you at Poor Farm and Good Luck.