Pages

Monday, June 26, 2006

5 races in 10 days

This is going to be hard. I've know about this 10 day stretch since late winter, but now that it's almost here I can only hope that my preparation was good enough. Not only are there a bunch of races piled on top of each other, but they are all in different disciplines.



This Friday is the first of three road racing events in three days - all part of the 2006 Coventry Commonwealth Games Road Omnium - The Mill Mountain Time Trial. 2 miles and a bit over 800 feet of climbing. Saturday will be an early morning road race. I have no idea how my body is going to react at being pushed hard this early in the day. And finally a crit on Sunday to top off the weekend.

I'm trying to use these three road races to help me peak for the following weekend's events - the 2006 Coventry Commonwealth Games Mountain Bike Omnium. Once again I'll climb Mill Mountain first - this time on Saturday, on trails, on my mountain bike. Then, Sunday we'll make history by participating in the first ever cross country mountain bike race at Carvins Cove.

Then, I think it will be a week off the bike entirely - knowing full well that the Shenandoah Mountain 100 is looming just around the corner in September. My training rides are about to get much longer.

1 comment:

ashwinearl said...

I can't wait for the Omnium. Just hope I don't go off course like last year.

Cya