Pages

Sunday, November 26, 2006

How to get to the mall without driving

You could get a ride from someone - still gotta fight that %$#$@#! traffic!
You could take the bus - smelly!
You could ride the recently completed Lick run Greenway! SPLENDID!


So if you know Roanoke, you know the center of the shopping universe in these here parts is Valley View Mall. You've got your Target, your Best Buy (don't get punched in the head), Circuit City, Macy's, JC Penney, Old Navy, blah, blah, blah. Isn't Christmas shopping fun? I know most of you who read my blog would rather shop online at bicycle-stuffs-o-plenty, or other cyclo-etailers, but you may have someone on your list that wants something other than bib shorts, arm warmers, shoe covers, etc.So, now you can toss your messenger bag over your shoulder (or hook up your trailer if you're hardcore) and ride all the way to the mall on your bike without having to deal with the brain-dead mentality of most motorists en mass.

Yes my friends, you can ride on a car-free Greenway to do your shopping!! I'm gonna venture out there by bike at some point just so I can smile and get a chuckle at the bumber to bumper traffic.

Check out the map here.

2 comments:

Yenski Glower said...

I have a BOB Trailer available for anyone needing to haul back a large flat screen TV - boy, would I love to see that!

Jen said...

Or in my case, you can use said greenway to leave home and end up at the Hotel Roanoke! Isn't this greenway great? Now does anyone know more about the one near Bennington Street?

(if this posts twice, sorry!)