Pages

Friday, June 01, 2007

3 MORE WEEKS!


Well, I felt so crappy this morning that I headed in to see the doctor again. I have been doing a ton of research on thyroid disorders and had explained that my symptoms seem to be identical to what is listed at many sites online. He agreed and has referred me to an endocrinologist and also has given me a prescription for a synthetic thyroid hormone, which we suspect my body is not producing enough of. Trouble is, the endocrinologist can not see me until June 18th. I hope the meds the doc gave me do something so I can get back to a least riding a little bit.


I'm going to go to the Cove in the morning to work on putting in some trail signs, so we'll see how that goes...

1 comment:

Jen said...

Sadly the endocrinologist in the valley are overwhelmed, so three weeks wait for a new patient isn't unusual. I'm glad your doctor was (finally) proactive in giving you a prescription. Besure to get follow-up labwork as some of that stuff can be rough on the kidneys if not monitored correctly.

Out of curiosity, has anyone tested you for Lyme Disease?

I know you're frustrated, but hang in there. Better days are ahead. =)