Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Slowly

After too many doctor visits, about 15 blood tests, peeing in countless cups, an MRI, an X-ray and a few other things I've had poked and prodded that I won't mention here...I still have no answers about what was causing my mysterious symptoms. The constant "stitch" in my side has all but vanished along with the weakness, nausea, dizziness and blah feeling after only a few weeks of taking Protonix. Maybe we've fixed it! I still have some more tests to do with the endocrinologist, but I think the worst is behind me.

So, I was able to get back on the bike for the first time in a while last night. Pookie, Ron and I rolled around slowly through some trails at Patrick Henry High School and through some alleys. It felt good to be back in the saddle. I felt slow and my fitness isn't there, but good. I'm not going to push it. Slow and steady will be the order of business for a few weeks. I think the singlespeed is at least 3 weeks from seeing any action.

Here are some interesting pictures from our ride.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Great to hear you're bike on a bike! Looks like Ron almost needed to visit me at work. SIGH! Nice expressions by Paula as he's approaching the "ramp." Have fun, be careful Warren, but welcome back!

Rev's Pulpit said...

Dude, where is that jump. I probably don't won't to really know. Ron looked like george of the jungle about to hit the tree.

take care
rev

Racing Yenski said...

Yeah Rev, that guy is an idiot.

pedaldork said...

I just found your blog. I just started one a couple of days ago. Anyway, my heart goes out to you with your symptoms. Please go to my blog www.aomcycling.blogspot.com
we can share our misery together :) Honestly I hope they find something soon. The not knowing is the worst. I haven't had the chance to read all your posts yet but know I'll be right there with ya. Best of luck.