Pages

Saturday, March 15, 2008

New house VS mountaincross race

video

A few weeks back I had the opportunity to race in MXFCP #1 in Bedford. (That's Mountaincross at Falling Creek Park) It was a blast and I felt like I raced really well. Ever since then I've been looking forward to MXFCP #2. But, since we just bought a new house (insert elevated stress level here) I had to skip #2 to complete some tasks around the old house before the home inspector arrives Monday.

Our house sold in exactly 30 days. We were able to remove the contingency clause on the new house this week. I spent a couple hours in the new place with the home inspector and was very pleased with the outcome. It will be nice to have room for all of our friends when we have shindigs. Good stuff.

But, the downside is that a lot of my time, at least until April when we move in, will be wrapped up in packing, transporting and unpacking stuff. I also have a fair amount of mini-projects that we want to do at the new place right away. Things like fences, range hoods, bathroom exhaust fans - just enough to eat up some training time. I'll find a way to make due. Don't get me wrong, I'm super excited. I'll just be glad when we're all settled.

I'll still squeeze in a couple hours on the bike today before the rain arrives. (Fingers are crossed)

1 comment:

Jen said...

CONGRATS on the house!