Pages

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I can't quit, I'm addicted to the stuff!

I used to drink one soda a day. It was a 12 ounce Coke in a can at lunch. Occasionally I'd have a fountain soda with dinner if we were dining out. Nothing major, right? I didn't think so until I did some research.

One can of soda contains 39 grams of sugar. Multiply that by one soda a day and it adds up to be about 31 pounds of sugar per year! Yikes!

I knew that I wanted to kick my one-a-day habit, so I started drinking bottled water with lunch. We were already drinking Kroger's house brand bottled water on a regular basis. I just started bringing one a day with me to work so I could simply replace the Coke.

Didn't work. Something was missing. I just didn't feel satisfied washing down my sub with straight water.

Then The Racing Yenski turned me on to crack in a can; Kroger's Big K brand Sparkling Water. I was hooked! Lots and lots of bubbles, but none of that nasty sugar I was trying to run away from.


I have been drinking a can of the glorious bubbly with my lunch 99.99% of the time ever since - and lost four pounds without changing anything else in my diet!

But all is not well in this new sugar-free world I've discovered my friends. I have reason to believe that Kroger has taken the sparkling water cans off of their shelves. I can't find it anywhere. I've been to three different locations and come away empty handed. I fear that that days of the two twelve packs for 5 bucks are gone. The two litre bottles are still around for a mere $.88, but I need the portability and functionality of the can! Besides, the fountain of youth tastes better from a can! Would you believe I had to shell out 5 bucks for a six pack of Perrier just to get me by?

It's a dark day ladies and gentleman. A dark day indeed.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Yea, but 5 for $10 worked out good for you tonight... just look in my Jeep. :)