Pages

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Seven years

I'm not hard on equipment. When it comes to cycling stuff, I keep things for longer than most folks. But, seven years is a long time for even me. My trusty Rudy Project glasses have been around almost as long as George W.

Purchased in Breckenridge, Colorado during the Red Zinger Classic expo, I wore them primarily as driving glasses for the first few weeks of proud ownership. But, I quickly moved them into my "favorite riding glasses" category after their very first mountain bike ride.

What I like most is the fact that they stay put. Even the gnarliest, rocky, bumpy singletrack can not dislodge them from their protective perch on my nose.

I see life through rose-colored glasses. Literally. The lenses pictured here are good for almost all light conditions except total darkness. Pop in the clear lenses after the sun is completely gone and you're treated to zero distortion - something none of my other riding glasses can boast.

I guess the moral of the story is: Rudy Project has gotten it right. You'll pay more than some other brands, but you'll get (seven years) your money's worth!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Hey, well at least your glasses have been more productive in the last 7 years than George W. Every now and then you find a good deal and sounds like you found one there.