Pages

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Heart rate = who cares.

It's almost Thanksgiving and I haven't checked my resting heart rate for a week. Who cares? It's time to eat large fowl and drink hearty dark beer. I have quickly moved from race mode into slug mode in the course of one week's time, and it feels really good.

There is a method to my madness however. I started last week to knock some items off of my list of home projects that have been put in the procrastination bin. My idea is to get as much finished by the end of 2008 as I can in order to devote 100% of my attention to training for the 2009 season when January rolls around. I see a whole lotta miles in my future, but I ain't skeered.


I've also been doing some alternative top-secret, ultra-cutting-edge workouts in lieu of the more traditional weigh workouts that have filled my off-season for the past 5 years. All I can tell you is that it is brutal, and I will have the strongest core that I've ever had in my life.


So tune in often peeps...there may be some exciting posts coming soon about installing programmable thermostats!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Nice plank, now stay there for a while. =)

Miguel said...

Hi, Warren. I'd love to hear more about your top-secret workout.