Pages

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Charlie Brown and a glass of brandy

Remember when you were a kid and it was getting close to Christmas, like it is now? I sure do. And when A Charlie Brown Christmas comes on TV I really get nostalgic. I feel like I'm watching it for the first time, every time. It's the best Christmas special ever.

Sure, I love It's a Wonderful Life and A Christmas Story, but I didn't really get into those until I was getting a bit older. For me the big 3 have always been Charlie Brown, Rudolf and A Year Without a Santa Claus.

As a kid I remember sitting three feet in front of our 400 pound console TV so I wouldn't miss a thing. I can remember everything - the smell of my Mom's Christmas cookies, the coal furnace making it too hot to breathe (until about 3 am when the coal burned out and it dropped to 25 degrees in the house)...Ah, the glorious days of youth.

In one of the first Charlie Brown scenes is something I miss terribly: Ice skating! In PA we could actually skate outside on our farm pond, just like Snoopy! It was incredible! I miss those days alot...especially this time of year. But with each passing Christmas, Pookie and I make new memories that we'll cherish through many more Christmas seasons. Wow, I'm getting a bit sentimental here...



Oh, the glass of brandy part....just a little something to snap me back to reality after regressing into childhood.

Cheers!



2 comments:

goooooood girl said...

your blog is so good......

1800blogger said...

Could you please contact ken@1800blogger.com