Pages

Monday, January 19, 2009

Stronger, faster?

This has been a winter of changes. As many of you know, it's good-bye gym and hello P90X. That's a change I've really enjoyed. I especially like all the variety: core one day, arms the next, plyometrics the next, then yoga...the program holds your interest because it never gets monotonous.

I've done more core work than ever before. I even almost have a six pack. My legs have more strength and muscular endurance. Even my back feels stronger.

What has changed the most however are my arms. I didn't think much of it until Pookie exclaimed "holy crap" during one of our recent workouts. (Holy crap in a good way. Like a"Holy crap you have some guns, sweetie" kinda good way.)I'm a bit worried about dragging this extra muscle weight up and over the mountains when race season starts though.

Which brings me to today's million dollar question: Does a strong upper body make you a faster single speeder?


2 comments:

Paula said...

Holy Crap you have some nice guns sweetie!!!!!

Gordon Wadsworth said...

HOLY CRAP!!! you do have some nice guns.....sweetie. I contend that it does in fact make you a faster, to a point.