Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Not strong


In an attempt to peak for this coming weekend's Middle Mountain Momma, I entered myself in the Waynesboro Criterium this past Sunday. I got shelled. No excuses except that I wasn't strong. 

I wish that I could say that I had fun, but getting embarrassed is nowhere near enjoyable. Road racing isn't at all like mountain bike racing. If you're having a bad day, you just can't cruise to the finish while enjoying the scenery. 

Road racing is 100% competition and 0% "just here for the ride". I will chalk it up as experience and move on.

Next time, I will be prepared. 

1 comment:

Gordon Wadsworth said...

No worries big S,

The dirt is always there to take you back. Every time I do a road race I am suddenly reminded just why I love mountain bike racing so much. Ive done a few crits up here in Scotland and every time I just get tossed around and off the back, but thats a whole other story. Hope everything else is well. Maybe we can both give it another go downtown this July. Cheers,

-GWW-