Pages

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Does this blog count?

Recently I heard a gentleman talking about personal growth and the things that he does every day to keep himself moving forward. He said that writing an entry in daily in a journal helps to keep him on track.


I purchased a blank journal years ago that I just rediscovered, dormant between my Hemmingway collection and Catcher In The Rye. It's still completely blank. I think I bought it around the same time I started this blog.

So, does a blog count as a journal? Being honest with myself I'd have to say that this blog is only a partial journal. A public journal, mainly revolving around cycling.

I guess I just answered my own question. Looks like I need to find a good pen.

2 comments:

Miguel said...

I don't think so. A journal is a receptacle that you can pour some very intimate things into whereas a blog like this, by nature public, is not the right place for such content. That's not to say there aren't intimiate things you would put in a blog but definitely not everything intimate.

warren said...

wouldn't it be cool to feel free to post our most intimate thoughts without the fear of being judged, laughed at or frowned upon? And God says, "My child, I'm listening. Write!"