Pages

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Hockey Night in Virginia


Many of you know that I am a rabid hockey fan. Trouble is, hockey is just about non-existant in this little corner of Virginia for some stupid reason. We have the GR8 Alex Ovechkin less than 3 hours away in DC and people are clueless.


The local desperate hockey fans have turned to the Virginia Tech for their fix. Fans have been flocking to see this club team play and folks who want pro hockey and a year-round rink back in Roanoke are noticing.


For those of you who share my passion for this incredible sport and want to keep tabs on the local hockey scene, please check out this site, Not sure who's running it, but I'll find out.




1 comment:

Duncan Watson said...

I am in Seattle and work with rapid hockey fans here. As an ex-Hokie I am glad VT has been supplying your fix. I miss Blacksburg.