Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Forced rest, season 2

I had a good season in 2009. I was riding strong, feeling good, and making it onto the podium now and then. It all ended in a split second when I crashed and dislocated my shoulder. It was easy to make the mental transition from racing to recovery because I didn't have a choice.

The 2010 season has yielded mixed results. I've done OK in some short, fast, intense races, but haven't fared so well in some longer events. All the while nursing a nagging knee injury. My body is telling me that something is wrong and I need to pay attention to it. I have just seen my family doctor and gotten a referral to an orthopedic surgeon to determine what's going on.

Bottom line is that some severe pain is forcing me to take some time off...again. Second season in a row. Bummer. Not sure how long it'll be this time.

Mentally I'm not sure how to appraoch this since I don't know what I'm up against yet. I'd like to think that I have more racing in my near future, but we'll see what the doc says. It will be nice to know, that way I can plan (another) comeback.

1 comment:

Gordon Wadsworth said...

comebacks are in these days. Good luck w/ the Doc