Pages

Monday, March 07, 2011

The search begins

Pookie has had a love/hate relationship with her ten-year-old Cannondale since the day they first met. Well honestly, it's been mostly hate. She tells me that she just feels unstable riding on the road with traffic and gravel and potholes. I believe that she probably feels that way because of her position on the bike.

With our new home so close to the low-traffic Blue Ridge Parkway, a new, more comfortable road bike seem like a natual thing to place in her future.

The Trek Lexa SLX looks nice, but what do I know...I'm a guy. Ladies, any suggestions? We want to keep the tab under $1500. She won't be doing any racing, but we will be racking up some serious miles.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I'd say try getting a fitting then go from there. My Lemond is ok, but I have a sneaky suspicion it's a tad to small for my long legs. There are a couple of demo days coming up, but I can't remember who's hosting and when. I'd shop for different brands other than Trek too, but I know less about bikes than you do.